Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 19

Final location: Clinton, TN; Final odometer: 24517; Miles so far: 8192.0

We figured it would take an hour and a half to get to the JC Whitney store in LaSalle, IL. So I hung around and chatted with Eric until he had to leave for work and with Donna until I left. Good coffee and rhubarb pie too! I got underway around 8:30 and had to stop for gas. The trip to JCW took longer than I thought and I didn't get to the Outlet Center until 10:30.


While not that big, you can order right from the catalog - a dangerous capability! Instead of trying to find room for it all and the fact that some items would benefit me on the way home and weren't too hard to install... I went ahead and added some new wind deflectors.

I took I-39 south until I-74 then down I-65 in Indianapolis (it was busy but mostly normal traffic - no race traffic which I was afraid of) to Louisville. I got as far as I-264 and realized I should have taken I-64 over to Lexington, so I backtracked. I don't think it cost me many miles, just some time.

I stopped for gas around Caryville, TN. The roads were wet and there was lightning ahead, so I put on the full face and Frogg Togg. I used my phone to look at the weather radar for Knoxville which was about 30 miles down the road. Knoxville was surrounded by rain. I hit the road regardless but felt apprehension. Less than 13 miles later, I decided to pull over for the night. With another 4 hours to go after Knoxville, I didn't think it was a good idea to push it. It was now midnight

Stay away from the JC Whitney Outlet Center in LaSalle, IL!!

No comments: